"Bloody noses made them friends, But the giving sound to the bruised places in their hearts made them brothers."
-- Gloria Naylor

10 July, 2011

Blogging About School by Kemet Price

So, this is how it starts. My mom asked me if I wanted to go to school. I said sure. So, we took a long, hot walk to Okinawa City Hall. When we arrived we tried to sign up my two sisters. My big sister choose not to go because she wouldn’t be in the same school as me and she wouldn’t be with other kids her age, because she doesn’t know as much Japanese. My little sister couldn’t go because she still too young. She needs to be five years old to enter Japanese school. But she can start in April.


On my first day, I was very shy. Soon, I made friends and I felt more comfortable. They helped me with my work. They helped me figure out the lunch that was served, by translating to the teacher. The lunch was delicious. I loved the rice! The lunch was traditional Japanese style. They served us in our classroom. My friends told me what the bell means when we were playing outside. It means that it’s time to come in to class for the next period. After we play, we have last period. In last period we copy Japanese writing from the board and we do math too. After math the we listened to a song called Mani Mani Moni Moni after that our teacher got a puppet frog and we high fived its hand and went home. So that’s what I did in school.

This is a picture of some of my school work.

No comments: