"Bloody noses made them friends, But the giving sound to the bruised places in their hearts made them brothers."
-- Gloria Naylor

01 July, 2011

Caves (Old Post)

On Sunday we drove to the mountains. When we got there we drove up the mountain and we saw all the houses and crops and buildings. We seemed to be in the clouds because we where so high up we could see most of the island. After driving around and looking at the ocean and things, we went to a cave park. Pulling in I remember wondering what the world a cave park was. But after paying for the tickets the secret was revealed. We were going inside a cave! I have to admit I was crossed between scared, excited, and curious. I was thinking all the usual things: what if it collapses, what if we get stuck in there, what if the power goes out and we have to find our way back. I was thinking these things all through the traditional drumming performance. Which by the way was awesome! Unfortunately we did not have a camera, so when we got into the cave we could not capture the wonderful stalactites, stalagmites,  bats, waterfalls and fish. We tried to use our phones but there wasn't enough light.  I can tell you, however, it was the most beautiful thing I've seen so far. So beautiful because it's frightening but eloquent at the same time.
stalactites - (n) : a tapering structure hanging like an icicle from the roof of a cave, formed of calcium salts deposited by dripping water.
stalagmites - (n) : a mound or tapering column rising from the floor of a cave, formed of calcium salts deposited by dripping water and often uniting with a stalactite.
Definitions from google.

                        Japanese
Vowels:
A = (ah)
I = (ee)
U = (oo)
E = (bet)
O = (oe)

Greetings:
Ohaiyo (coe-knee-chee-wah) = Good Morning
Konnichiwa (coe-knee-chee-wah) = Good Afternoon/Hello
Konbanwa (cone-bahn-wah) = Good Evening

Oyasuminasai (oh-yah-sue me-nah-sigh) = Good Night





*I'm starting this because if your planning on visiting you'll need it. Of course you'll have to learn the symbols on your own. Almost everything is in Japanese here.

I accidentally deleted all of our old posts. I'm going to re post all the of the ones I typed on Word. Sorry, for the inconvenience.

No comments: