"Bloody noses made them friends, But the giving sound to the bruised places in their hearts made them brothers."
-- Gloria Naylor

09 November, 2011

Earthquake!

It took me awhile to process what was going on. When my brain caught up I turned around and said "Mommy" in scared voice and my mom lying on the couch said, rather loudly because she had earphones in "You feel that!" She took out her earphones and I stood up from my chair looking at the clock and then my mother. "Cool!" she said. "No mommy not cool. What do we do?" but both of us said nothing, mesmerized by the waving beneath us. Also, I was frozen with fear. Wondering what do. Just standing there.

 After several seconds, the shaking faded but, came back with a boom like thunder. That's when my mother said: "Okay. That's a bad one." I'm pretty sure that's what made it a 6.9. That last bang. You know, I think the earth is mad at us. All these earthquakes, it's beating us up. We need to treat it better. Then again, the earth is alive so no earthquakes would be weird. However, we still need to treat it with more care.

1 comment:

Muslim Mommy said...

Wow, scary. Yes the earth is alive and we definately need to treat it better :) Glad you all are safe...

xoxo
Aunt Kaye